From: Elias Hahn [mailto:ehahn(--nospam--at)eepdx.com]
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 1:22 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: IBC Special inspection for Slab-on-Grade supporting HVAC unit.

I recently designed a SOG (~10’x15’, 6” thick, thickened edge) for a HVAC unit (~1000lbs) for an existing building.  Our standard general notes call for special inspection for steel and concrete placement.  Is this applicable?  There is very little good information on SOGs in either the IBC or ACI 318.

Thanks in Advance,

Elias Hahn, EIT

Evergreen Engineering, LLC