From: Elias Hahn [mailto:ehahn(--nospam--at)eepdx.com]
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 2:59 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: IBC Special inspection for Slab-on-Grade supporting HVAC unit.

I tend to agree, but I can’t find anything to cite.  There are only four exceptions given in the IBC – Isolated spread footings (under 3 stories), Continuos footings (some requirements), “non-structural slabs supported directly on the ground…” and some foundation walls.

So, my follow-up question – what differentiates a structural slab and a non-structural slab?