To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 4:15 PM
Subject: RE: Steel-Detail: this just in......

I found this note amusing on one hand and definitely scary on the other.

On a typical job we encounter, section 05 of the spec. is subdivided into
structural, joists, deck and metal fabrications (or misc. metals). Each
section contains exclusions and points to another section where they may be found. This eliminates the need for a note of this type plus the need to ask
for a clarification.

I recently completed a project where about 5 tons of structural steel was
missing from the drawings. There was no note telling us this and the
fabricator certainly would not have included it in his quote.

For this reason I now refuse to quote jobs with notes of this kind.

Dave