RE: DRAFTING: Structural Drafting Standard

Title: DRAFTING: Structural Drafting Standard

From: dave lowen [mailto:jatech(--nospam--at)kwic.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2005 11:47 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: DRAFTING: Structural Drafting Standard

Bill

Your drawings are correct. The style this company is using is for mechanical drafting.

That's sorta what I thought.

In fact, one comment that one of the CAD admins made to me was "well, we have our own standards because most drafting is for buildings." This in response to my wondering why they didn't adopt the ANSI/AIA CAD Layering Standard (which I've used for some time now).

I probably won't have any effect if I grip, but it just bugs me. Such a silly think, i'n't it? That's why my comment about "getting old". I'm getting as set in my ways as--well, as all the other old f*rts on this list.