RE: IBC Special inspection for Slab-on-Grade supporting HVAC unit.

I've never understood this argument - how does the rebar know it's in a
slab on grade vs a structural foundation? Why does corrosion only attack
bars in structural foundations but not slabs on grade?

Just because the code does not literally apply here does not mean that a
thin cover will be suitable. No more than 1-in of cover for concrete
placed on an irregular surface seems like poor practice to me,
regardless of code applicability.

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO