RE: E-Files and Clients....

Hi David,

Hmmm, that's a very funny question, but that depends on who you ask. If
you ask my girl friend and business partner, she says I don't do
anything. She says I'm a lazy bum and all I do is read news all day.

Now if you ask me that same question, I would have to say that I am a
visionary and thinker.

6 yrs ago I was a software developer in Irvine California but I have a
degree in Advertising Design (Long Story). Believe it or not while
playing an online video game late one night, a guy told me to buy real
estate. He said he was taking all of his money out of the market and
putting it in Real Estate, this was right before "9-11". So I bought a
bunch of real estate. Interest rates dropped property values
skyrocketed, Boom! I'm sitting on a few gold mines, multi-millionaire
overnight. But to me it's nothing because it can be gone tomorrow or I
could die and then it's worthless.

You can only buy so much property before the banks stop loaning you
money. So I am now taking the Equity out of my properties and putting
them into land development projects. So at this point I call myself a
developer. I have 3 projects waiting for engineering, and one I just
finished engineering I am in Los Angeles and I had to go all the way up
to Sacramento to get the project engineered affordably (I am sending him
detailed Video observations of the structural so he can sign off).

I am building fire resistive houses because I think it is the wave of
the future. In particular I am using "Insulated Concrete Forms". The
homeowners and the market is ready for this type of technology several
engineers that I know market themselves as "ICF Engineers", but I cannot
use them because they are to far away. (I cannot go into my whole
business plan here but this is the "Foundations" of my concept, which I
have ran by several people and they were surprised).

The problem that I am having is that engineers are very slow to adopt
new technology and many are scared away when you mention new technology
and never return calls, or raise the price so high that the adoption and
growth of new technologies is severely stunted. Besides they have plenty
of business with the old stuff, so why risk fooling with new stuff.

Please understand we do not need legislators telling us that the world
is changing "watch the news", the world is falling apart. We need to
build stronger more "environment proof housing" without the government
telling us we need to do something. We as engineers and citizens of the
United States should have already started. Architects hate me because I
always tell them that engineers are more important that Architects, but,
with engineers hoarding the good stuff like squirrels. New technology
will never take hold. This Neanderthal mentality must cease.

That's pretty much the main reason that I am PRO-DWG. I want to take a
standard plan and utilize it for multiple projects and have the engineer
re-adapt to the new project and stamp it quickly. SO WHAT IF SOMEBODY
LOOKS AT IT AND LEARNS SOMETHING, THEN THEY LEARN SOMETHING.

I don't use architects, so I have to use engineers but engineers need to
step up to the plate, and seed the new stuff out into the market so we
can go forward.

If I am wrong then slap me...

I am in a hurry so please excuse the grammar. I am a Visionary not an
English teacher.

P.S. I am 31yrs old.

Kevin
(A Visionary... one step ahead of his time)