Re: Fork Truck on elevated slab

Rich-

Another thing to consider is the actual / expected tire footprint.

I am aware of similar situation (fork traffic on elevated slab) where
a hard-tired fork (rubber over steel) was substituted for one with a
pneumatic tires.

The forks just ate up the floor , turned it to rubble in some locations.

The problem was later determined to be high bearing stresses & too
much slab flex.
The joints were particularly susceptible to pounding.

Be careful; the repair was ~500K and the engineer's EO didn't cover it all.

cheers
Bob