Re: IBC Special inspection for Slab-on-Grade supporting HVAC unit.

Robert Kazanjy wrote:

So I guess that Stan's explanation that mentioned "slab on air" was a
bad one because

"no where in any code have I found a reference to "air-supported slabs."

He was using IMO a very good illustration, too bad the code committee
didn't see fit to use something similar, maybe all the confusion could
have been avoided
I, too, thought it was a good illustration.

I used to tell young engineers just starting out in our bridge group (back when I was prone to having a "real job") that a bridge was just a road with air under it.