Re: Fork Truck on elevated slab[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint02(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com, seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Fork Truck on elevated slab
- From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 19:01:52 EDT
The question I have is the effective width for slab to check the shear and bending. Putting all the force in a 1 ft. wide strip for shear is overkill, but how wide is best? Also, right now I am intending to use a slab on metal deck. How to treat this verses a solid slab is also an issue.
AASHTO specs. treat this, since wheel loads on slabs is a big thing with them. They provide simple rules for width of distribution of concentrated loads, but it's been too long for me to recall any of the details.
Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA
- Prev by Subject: RE: Fork Truck on elevated slab
- Next by Subject: Re: Fork Truck on elevated slab
- Previous by thread: RE: Fork Truck on elevated slab
- Next by thread: Re: Fork Truck on elevated slab