California P.E. Test Reference Material

Since California doesn't accept reciprocity completely, I am considering
taking the test again in California.  California's Board of Professional
Engineers has indicated that to qualify to become a P.E. in their state
I will need to sit for the first 5 hours of the state exam but not the
complete 8 hours.

Since it has been many years (20+) since my first examination does
anyone have recommendations of reference materials and/or practice exams
that I can review?

Can someone indicate if the California P.E. exam is significantly
different from the exam that most states proctor?

Do current candidates for the exam take review/preparation classes?
Since I don't live in California, is this material available for review?

Thanks,
Craig Hawe, P.E.