Re: California P.E. Test Reference Material

It is probably making reference to passing the 2-1/2
hr exam on Surveying, and the 2-1/2 hr exam on Seismic
Principles.  Also, they may ask you to pass the "take
home" exam on ethics and the Business and Professional
Conduct Code, or something to that effect...  The 8-hr
nat'l exam is probably already taken care of with your
PE designation from another state...  Hope this helps
some.
Davd Topete, SE
SF, CA

--- Craig Hawe <chawe(--nospam--at)norwestcorp.com> wrote:
> Since California doesn't accept reciprocity
> completely, I am considering
> taking the test again in California.  California's
> Board of Professional
> Engineers has indicated that to qualify to become a
> P.E. in their state
> I will need to sit for the first 5 hours of the
> state exam but not the
> complete 8 hours.
>
> Since it has been many years (20+) since my first
> examination does
> anyone have recommendations of reference materials
> and/or practice exams
> that I can review?
>
> Can someone indicate if the California P.E. exam is
> significantly
> different from the exam that most states proctor?
>
> Do current candidates for the exam take
> review/preparation classes?
> Since I don't live in California, is this material
> available for review?
>

> Thanks,
> Craig Hawe, P.E.

> ******* ***