RE: IBC Special inspection for Slab-on-Grade supporting HVAC unit.

From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 12:09 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: IBC Special inspection for Slab-on-Grade supporting HVAC unit.

In a message dated 5/30/2005 10:59:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, rkazanjy(--nospam--at)gmail.com writes:

btw the "slab on air"  illustration is a very good one, sometimes fewer words create more meaning.

You are entitled to think whatever you want.  Although in my personal opinion, an engineer who refers to an "air   supported slab"  or an "air-supported bridge"  deserves the ridicule they will receive.   If you can't deal with the concepts of "beams" and "columns" you shouldn't be in engineering.

I may be wrong, but I believe the allusion was to a "slab with air under it," not an "air-supported slab."

However, I won't be surprised if I see a monograph in the next "Concrete Construction" touting this new development in concrete building technology.

Gail, I do believe you are turning into our own "Nurse Ratched."