From: Arvel L. Williams, P.E. [mailto:awilliams(--nospam--at)gwsquared.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 4:25 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: CONCRETE: Weird Spec Citation?

Bill,

Most NCHRP books from that era are and were only available from the Department of Commerce "National Technical Information Service."  Most document had the results that the sealers were expecting.  Try this link http://www.ntis.gov/ or you can download for $8.95 at this link http://www.ntis.gov/search/product.asp?ABBR=PB93143006&starDB=GRAHIST

It amazes me how often we specify something without even reading what we have specified.

As to your second query, probably.  But you don't know until you get the NCHRP report.  Besides, as I recall this documented included SILANE base sealers and the test is a simple hydrophobic evaluation for a minimum depth of sealer penetration.  But then it's been at least 12 years since I read the thing.

Arvel