Re: California P.E. Test Reference Material

As others have commented, you would need to just take the seismic and
surveying exam and a take home ethics exam in order to get your PE in CA.

Seismic:  this is 2.5hrs and tests mainly, your knowledge of chapter 16 of
the UBC
Surveying:  this is also 2.5hrs and tests your fast trigonometric skills :).
This is an exam mandated by the legislature.

Review course is ofcouse by choice and might help you get on track and you
keep you in track with your other busy commitments.  If you are committed,
then a few books will be sufficient.  You need to work out as many problems
as possible.

PPI publication has several publications for these exams.  They also have a
forum where you can find other candidates taking the exam (you can also get
used books here).  The forum will answer many of your questions.  check it
out at:
http://ppi2pass.com/w-agora_eef/index.php?bn=eforums_eef

If you search through the site you will see that a book by Hiner for the
Seismic exam is preferred by the candidates.  A book by Paul Cuomo for
Surveying and Surveying by Chu are good choices.

Good luck.

- Aswin
Aswin Rangswamy, P.E.
Los Angeles, California