Paypal

From time to time, I get clients asking me if they can pay me with a credit card. I got a “you take credit cards?” blunt call this morning and when I said “no” they hung up. Probably just a telemarketer or something… but it got me thinking.

I bought some stuff from E-bay ( a printer) when I first started my business. I paid using pay-pal and everything went smoothly.

I’m not familiar with it to know whether or not it would be a good way to accept payment from clients. Does the stuff get electronically deposited into an account or do they send you a check in a few days? Is it “safe” (I know that’s a relative term). I guess to make this short, does anyone else out there do this and what is your impression.

Thanks,

-gm

Gerard "Jared" Madden, SE, PE

California Licensed Structural and Civil Engineer

MADDEN ENGINEERING

50 South Linden Avenue, Suite 9

South San Francisco, CA 94080

T: 650.952.3551