RE: Paypal

From: Gerard Madden, SE [mailto:gmadden(--nospam--at)maddengine.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 4:24 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Paypal

I’m not familiar with it to know whether or not it would be a good way to accept payment from clients. Does the stuff get electronically deposited into an account or do they send you a check in a few days? Is it “safe” (I know that’s a relative term). I guess to make this short, does anyone else out there do this and what is your impression.

I paid my website designer via paypal. I think it's well worth it.

That said, do be aware that it is not "free" accept CC payments via PayPal. I can't remember the details, but we sold something on eBay last year, and the guy only had a CC, so we set it up for him. They charged a fee (and it may be annually renewing, from my recollection).

It did "turn around" almost instantly, and the funds were in our bank account the day after he made the payment, IIRC.

Check on PayPal's website.