RE: Paypal

From: Gerard Madden, SE [mailto:gmadden(--nospam--at)maddengine.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 4:45 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Paypal

So I guess if the client wants to take on the fee, it would work okay. Seems really simple.

Well, that's the thing, see.

You charge them a "convenience charge" so that it doesn't cost you anything.

When I had my water service turned on at the apartment here in Fayetteville, the City accepted my CC for the transfer fee, etc., but they charged me, like, 5%. The clerk explained that it's because as a public entity they're not allowed to pay the CC fee for some reason.

Just tell your clients "sure," and then reflect the upcharge on the bill.