RE: Paypal

 " So I guess if the client wants to take on the fee, it would work okay. Seems really simple. "

That's the way that I would do it.  If you are getting charged a fee based on the percentage charged by paypal, just shift that over the client.  If they want the convenience of paying with a credit card, then they should have to pay for that service.  I don't think that is asking too much.  So, a $1,000 bill with a paypal service charge of 3% (going high on this one), would cost the client an additional $30, for the convenience of paying with a credit card.  Then the client would have to ask themselves, is it worth it???  This may not be a bad deal, even if it is only 2 to 3 clients per year.

Dave Maynard, PE
Gillette, Wyoming