From: Gil Brock <gil(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:11:54 +1000
Subject: RE: Paypal

Actually there are benefits, like not having to wait for the cheque in the mail or go to the bank to deposit it.

I assume it is the same in the US but we can
- organise it through our bank (even though we do not have a credit card with the bank)
- the party does not have to bank with the same bank
- pay about $2.50 per month plus 2% (electronic lodgement is a higher monthly fee)
- charge the customer extra if you want to recover the fees but 2% is worth it, especially on small amounts,  if you do not have to continually send reminders etc and wait for the money
- not get charged fees for bouncy cheques
- not get charged fees for banking cheques