California code

OK, I know that California has their CBC, which is basically the 1997 UBC
with some modifications.  Being as I am getting old and senile, I cannot
recall (at least definitively) if California has a seperate residential
code or not.  I seem to recall that there is no residential code...just
the CBC...at least right now.  I recall discussions that they will adopt
the IRC in the relatively near future.  Am I recalling things correctly?

Thanks,

Scott
Adrian, MI