Re: IBC Special inspection for Slab-on-Grade supporting HVAC unit.

Scott-

Thanks for saving me the time write my own reply  :)

cheers
Bob

Gail-

I couldn't resist, forgive me................

"These definitions aren't necessarily consistent. They are also vague
enough that they can be construed differently."

 "However, one of the reasons for having a Code is that these things
don't have to be argued."

"Code-writing organizations are increasingly realizing that things
need to be clearly defined."

So in the "old days" they wrote code w/o "realizing that things need
to be clearly defined."?

Code is argued & written by people; thus it will always be less than perfect.

cheers
 Bob