Wood Diaphragm flexibility - wind load ?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Wood Diaphragm flexibility - wind load ?
- From: "Freeman Tang" <ftang(--nospam--at)gouvisgroup.com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 10:18:49 -0700
- Priority: normal
Do we need to check wood diaphragm flexibility (rigid or flexible diaphragm) when it is subjected to wind load? Section 1630.6 of UBC has provision to check diaphragm flexibility for earthquake load. I could not find any requirement under UBC97- chapter 16 “wind design” to address this. Or it is acceptable to consider wood diaphragm as flexible diaphragm for wind design. Can anyone give me some insight on this?
- Prev by Subject: Re: Wood design values for old structure
- Next by Subject: Wood Floor Truss Joist Problem?
- Previous by thread: RE: WTCA has made available ... OK, Scratch That!!
- Next by thread: WIND DESIGN-Buffeting?