RE: Concrete slab on grade - natural cracking

Look at existing slabs on grade.  They do not crack
just at the crack control joints and in many instances
you will find no cracks at the joints but cracks
elsewhere.  The reality is that when you reinforce the
slab you prevent the crack control joint from moving
freely and thus it cannot act as intended.

Yet in most cases where the cracks are tight the Owner
has no problems with the existing cracks.

Thus my practice has been to use 0.5% reinforcing in
the slabs and not require any crack control joints.

Mark Gilligan