RE: IBC 2003: Section 1603 - Construction Documents

From: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 12:18 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: IBC 2003: Section 1603 - Construction Documents

Do you put a table on the Foundation plan indicating loads about the three axis or do you show each value at each column ??

My customary procedure in the past has been to put out a foundation drawing, then check my load assumptions against those of the building designer later on.

Most of the time, I find that I've been "a little" conservative--but not so much that I feel badly about it. Usually, my calculations of the reactions compare pretty favorably to the building designer's. It's not that hard to do a 2-D Rigid Frame analysis.