RE: Externally Bonded FRP Systems for StrengtheningConcreteStructures

"Also, most of the locations where I have had this done aren't really accessible to "vandalism and abuse," since it is covered up by so much of the building envelope or interior finishes."

Of the three locations where I've looked into this, one was in an industrial building with minimal finishes (and plenty of forklift access - think accidents) and one was a parking area with no finishes.  So, in either case it was hard to argue with the FRP supplier that there was anything to come between the FRP and a disaster if disaster headed its way.  Actually, I don't tend to argue, anyway, if a supplier recommends against using their product for an application.  The industrial building did get FRP in the offices and mechical rooms, but not anywhere subject to casual abuse.

"(The first LRFD edition was published almost twenty years ago, but the argument's still going on?  Please)."

My first steel manual was the First Edition LRFD.  Has it really been that long?  I console myself with the thought mine was the 3rd printing.

Paul Crocker, PE, SE