From: Polhemus, Bill <bill.polhemus(--nospam--at)tyson.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 08:22:59 -0500
Subject: RE: IBC 2003: Section 1603 - Construction Documents

From: bcainse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:bcainse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2005 6:44 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Bill-
What I've done in the past is to develop the foundation drawings for the building showing my load assumptions. identify the criteria I want the PEMB manufacturer to use and have them provide sealed drawings with the necessary details (sealed by their "specialty structural engineer").

Well, I'm not really going to worry about it in the present case--but it gave me pause to consider.

I think this is an obscurity in the Code. IMO, it ought to reflect what is customarily done in this instance, which is as you have suggested.