RE: Transition from Sloping Concrete Slab to Level

Bill:

Use a "latex modified concrete"....

This will allow you to create nearly zero feathered transition.
Very small "keyway" is recommended in base slab.

Done this before with ramps...the latex allows you to thin out the
Overlay to the point where it is really chemically bonded Portland cement...
Held together by the latex.

Over the appropriate bonding agent, of course...

http://www.dowreichhold.com/app/constr.asp

David L. Fisher SE PE
Senior Principal
Fisher+Partners