From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2005 4:36 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Poured in Place Slab vs. Raised Floor

In a message dated 6/5/05 4:17:33 PM, gmadden(--nospam--at)maddengine.com writes:

If the soil is not expansive, you shouldn’t have much of a problem (i.e. cracking floor tiles from slab movement).

You definitely want to verify this with your geologist and have them recommend appropriate subgrade preparation, and possibly slab thickness and reinforcement, and vapor barrier, drain rock, etc.  Don't skimp on this or all your efforts will be for naught.  (I say this with a faint recollection that the originator of this thread may have previously shown a predilection for favoring the cheapest engineer, although I may be wrong.)

Ralph