RE: LEED Certified

 >  From: Rich Lewis [mailto:seaint02(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com]
 >  Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 10:37 AM
 >  To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
 >  Subject: LEED Certified

 >  Is anyone on the list LEED certified?

I have looked into it not long ago.

Is LEED certification for a structural engineer specific, or is it a general certification,

The latter, I believe. I do not think that the "testing" is all that rigorous. It is general. It is sort of a "self-proclaimed" standard, btw, not one that is necessarily sanctioned widely. Although I'm surprised at how many government entities have apparently become convinced it's a "must have" designation.