From: Rich Lewis [mailto:seaint02(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com]
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 8:37 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: LEED Certified

Is anyone on the list LEED certified?  Is LEED certification for a structural engineer specific, or is it a general certification, same for architect, mechanical, etc.?  Would a structural engineer take a different test from say an architect?  Is the US Green Building Council the only group that officially certifies LEED designers, or are there others.  If you are LEED certified, was it done under 1.0 or 2.0?  Does it make a difference regarding your certification?  Is there continuing education requirements for maintaining LEED certification?  How difficult was the exam?

I’ve been to the USGBC web site but their information on designer certification is rather vague.

Rich