RE: Braced Frame Anchorage

This is a late response since I was out all last week, but just a note that for DSA and OSHPD projects in California the foundation is also required to be designed for the Omega forces (with a few other possible limiting exceptions).

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Yi Yang" <YI(--nospam--at)summit-sr.com>

05/31/2005 10:10 AM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
RE: Braced Frame Anchorage

For OBF, aren't all the connections need to be designed for Omega force?  The foundation doesn't need to be designed for the Omega level reaction, but the I have designed anchor bolts for the Omega forces, including embedment.

Y i   Y a n g,   S. E.
STRUCTURAL DIVISION
SUMMIT ENGINEERING INC.
707.527.0775.x15