AUTOCAD: "Parametric" Sizing of Structural Sections

Title: AUTOCAD: "Parametric" Sizing of Structural Sections

I haven't had that much time to fiddle with Autocad LT 2006 since obtaining it last week. But I did run across something this morning that was intriguing.

There is a menu of "civil/structural" entities available, just a few of which are of intense interest but one I played with was the "Wide Flange Steel Section". You click the menu button and it creates a "generic" WF section. But what's REALLY cool is, you can click on one of the "handles" and up pops a menu of a whole bunch of WF steel section sizes arranged alphanumerically by the AISC designation! All you have to do is select the right one and *voila!* you have that section right there on your drawing!

Although this is pretty dang cool in itself (especially as it is integrated into ACAD and you therefore don't have to purchase a third-party library), what I'm really intrigued about is how this works. Is it possible that you can create your very own library of shapes with parametric values available for input? This would be "keen."

As I said, I haven't had time to look at this--and I upgraded from ACAD LT 2002, and have 2004 here on my machine at the office, so I don't know if it came in with 2005. Someone out there may have more hands-on experience. If so, I'd like your comments.