RE: Braced Frame Anchorage

For DSA projects I've had to ramp up the internal forces to Omega level within the footings even though these forces could never get to that level because the frame becomes unstable at that point.  Realistically, I'm not sure that you would need to check the footing beyond the stability point because this then becomes your limiting factor.

THunt(--nospam--at)absconsulting.com wrote:

This is a late response since I was out all last week, but just a note that for DSA and OSHPD projects in California the foundation is also required to be designed for the Omega forces (with a few other possible limiting exceptions).

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Yi Yang" <YI(--nospam--at)summit-sr.com>

05/31/2005 10:10 AM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
RE: Braced Frame Anchorage

For OBF, aren't all the connections need to be designed for Omega force?  The foundation doesn't need to be designed for the Omega level reaction, but the I have designed anchor bolts for the Omega forces, including embedment.

Y i   Y a n g,   S. E.
STRUCTURAL DIVISION
SUMMIT ENGINEERING INC.
707.527.0775.x15