RE: "dynamic analysis" for earthquake ?

Based on the building codes, I would say that an acceptable dynamic
analysis is a response spectrum analysis or a time history analysis that
accounts for multi-modal effects and distribution of masses and
stiffnesses in a dynamic model of the structure.

The equivalent lateral force method, which is considered to be a static
force design method, could be called a response spectrum analysis based
on the fundamental mode of vibration of an equivalent single degree of
freedom model of the structure.

And a pushover analysis is considered to be a nonlinear static analysis
procedure.

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO