RE: MSE Walls

From: Garner, Robert [mailto:rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 1:29 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: MSE Walls

I'm passing a brain stone here - I just can't remember what MSE stands for, you know, those segmental masonry walls with the tie backs.  Thanks for the help.

Mechanically Stabilized Earth. At least I believe that's the nomenclature that TxDOT (and other DOTs, probably) use in their specs.

"Retained Earth" and "Reinforced Earth" are the names of two of the trademarked systems--leastwise, back when I was doing that stuff for a living..