STEEL: Min. Required Thickness for Anchor Rod Plate Washers[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: STEEL: Min. Required Thickness for Anchor Rod Plate Washers
- From: "Polhemus, Bill" <bill.polhemus(--nospam--at)tyson.com>
- Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:19:57 -0500
I'm looking to include some info in a structural steel specification for these plate washers. I'd never really thought much about it before, but this could actually be a critical item of performance.
The Manual of Steel Construction, 3rd Edition, page 14-10 states "[Plate washer] thickness must be suitable for the forces to be transferred." Table 14-2 is cited but concerns itself only with the minimum plate size to cover the anchor bolt hole.
Does anyone have a "rule of thumb" for plate washer thickness for base plate anchor rods, ideally as a function of the anchor bolt diameter?
I realize I could probably spend a few hours coming up with my own (e.g. plate on knife-edge supports with central hole, which IIRC is in "Roark") but I haven't the time right now.
Any insights would be much appreciated.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, then you have received this email in error and any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of your unintended receipt by reply and then delete this email and your reply. Tyson Foods, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates will not be held liable to any person resulting from the unintended or unauthorized use of any information contained in this email or as a result of any additions or deletions of information originally contained in this email.
- Prev by Subject: Re: STEEL: Galvanizing of High-Strength Bolting
- Next by Subject: RE: STEEL: Min. Required Thickness for Anchor Rod Plate Washers
- Previous by thread: RE: MSE Walls
- Next by thread: RE: STEEL: Min. Required Thickness for Anchor Rod Plate Washers