RE: More confusion with concrete

And I have pointed out time and again at least a significant reason  "Why
is ACI charging for every item of information in its possession?" and "Why
does AISC have such a different philosophy?".  They are two completely
different animals in how they operate financially.

Could ACI be more efficient and reduce cost of publications?  I really
don't know.  Maybe.  If you happen to feel that you know enough about
their business model and how you can improve it to reduce publication
cost, feel free to send them your resume...I am sure that they would LOVE
to talk to you about it.

FWIW, I have yet to hear anything, anywhere that would lead me to believe
that ACI makes a profit.  I am sure that there are people that might make
some decent salaries working for them, but to my belief there is nothing
wrong with that...after all, I am sure that they want to feed their kids,
etc as well.

I apologize if I get a little "emotional" about this...but it is tiring to
see people continually toss off unfair comparisons between ACI and AISC.
They are two different organizations that operate in two completely
different manners.  To put it in another frame of reference, how much do
you like it when some potential client comes to you and complains about
your fees when "I go to the guy down the road and just have him stamp the
drawings that I created myself for 1/10 of your price"?  Do you consider
that potential client's comparison of how you operate to how that "plan
stamper"/cheap engineer operates to be an unfair comparison?  The point
that I have absolutely no doubt that there are people out there that
wonder the same thing about your services and their costs compared to some
hack engineer down the road...in other words, why do you have such a
different philosophy that than other engineer?  Why do you cost more when
some client thinks he can get the same thing down the road for cheaper?

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI