Wood Structural Properties

Title: Wood Structural Properties

You might try the USDA Forest Products Lab Wood Handbook, Chapter 4. I don't think it lists bamboo, but I know it lists Ash. Additionally, it lists design properties for foreign species, so Brazilian cherry might be there. http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/fplgtr/fplgtr113/fplgtr113.htm

Note however, that these are average unadjusted ultimate values. They do not have safety factors nor are they tied to a specific grade, so lots of engineering judgment will be required to use them.

HTH

Buddy

John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media
AF&PA/American Wood Council
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
P: 202-463-2769
F: 202-463-2791
http://www.awc.org

The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard.  Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.