Re: Design of Curved Steel Beams

I believe USS had a good booklet on this-about 15 yrs. ago. I will see if I can find it out in my garage. These are quite common in bridges.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 17:01:34 -0500 "Clint Strain, P.E." <cstrain(--nospam--at)optimizedpf.com> writes:

I would appreciate a good and simple reference for designing curved steel beams.  The beam will be fixed at the ends and have a single concentrated vertical load at any point along the length of the curve.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Clint Strain, P.E.

Structural Engineering Services, P.A.

1017 S. Tennessee Chanute, KS  66720

Tel:  620-431-7699

Fax: 620-431-0569

E-mail:  cstrain(--nospam--at)cableone.net