RE: finger jointed dimensional lumber

Have you checked your deflection? Even lightly loaded, at those spans you will have deflections over 1”. Use Microllams or TJI’s

-gm

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Richardson [mailto:arichardson(--nospam--at)wardedwards.com]
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 6:07 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: finger jointed dimensional lumber

List, I have 2x10 rafters @16” o.c. (spf#2) for a project and now apparently the contractor cannot find the 26’ long rafters.  They would like to use finger jointed rafters.  Do these finger jointed rafters have the same capacity as non-jointed?  How is this determined?  As I am on “digest” mode, please cc to my personal email.  Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Andy