From: Rich Lewis [mailto:seaint02(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 7:14 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Enercalc Southern Pine Bending

I'm not familiar with Enercalc's program, but I would assume it has to do with the structural design properties of the wood species.  The NDS supplement allows modifications to some of sawn lumber properties based on size.  See page 30 of the 2001 NDS Supplement.  There is a separate section for Southern Pine where the size factors are included in the values (page 36).  Check out your NDS Supplement.

Rich