RE: Design of Curved Steel Beams

From: Stanley E Scholl [mailto:sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 11:48 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Cc: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Design of Curved Steel Beams

I believe USS had a good booklet on this-about 15 yrs. ago. I will see if I can find it out in my garage. These are quite common in bridges.

But the thing is, with bridges you typically have these girders in parallel--at least two if not three--and they are massive.

I think design of curved beams in buildings tends to be quite a bit more ticklish.