Re: finger jointed dimensional lumber

Andy,
I had a house job on which I specified fabricated wood
I joists with a length of 26 ft.  When I visited the
site, they had installed 2x12's 26 long. This was a year
ago.  Great looking lumber. The lumber company offered
these as they could get them in a special order and
they had their engineer check them for capacity. The
company is Tampa-Hall and they are somewhere in Southern
Ontario in area code 519, I believe.
Gary