finger jointed dimensional lumber

Title: finger jointed dimensional lumber

Andy,

Yes, finger jointed lumber manufactured for structural applications has the same properties as "non-jointed." Here's a link to an FAQ on the AWC website that will give you more background information:

http://www.awc.org/HelpOutreach/faq/index.html#fj

HTH

Buddy

John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media
AF&PA/American Wood Council
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
P: 202-463-2769
F: 202-463-2791
http://www.awc.org

The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard.  Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.