AUTOCAD: Multiline Text -> Multiple Columns[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: AUTOCAD: Multiline Text -> Multiple Columns
- From: "Polhemus, Bill" <bill.polhemus(--nospam--at)tyson.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:17:43 -0500
I've been bugged about this for some time now, and it surprises me that Autodesk has STILL not seen fit to include this capability.
When I'm adding the (evil!) General Notes to a drawing sheet, I spend an inordinate amount of time formatting columns of text--especially when I'm adding or deleting sections, etc.
I've have often wondered why in the world Autocad doesn't include the capability to "bleed" text from one column to the next during editing. This is a feature exclusively found in desktop publishing programs years ago; however, Microsoft Word and other WP software have had it for some time now.
Text editing inside of Autocad does seem to have gotten SOMEWHAT better (it is still rather bewildering and a bit austere, however, even in the new 2006 version). I can't believe this has NEVER been an issue.
If you're an aficionado of ACAD, and you know something I don’t know on this subject, now's your chance to put egg on my face. Can this be done? Or is there an "add-on" utility that allows it?
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, then you have received this email in error and any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of your unintended receipt by reply and then delete this email and your reply. Tyson Foods, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates will not be held liable to any person resulting from the unintended or unauthorized use of any information contained in this email or as a result of any additions or deletions of information originally contained in this email.
- Prev by Subject: Re: AUTOCAD: "Parametric" Sizing of Structural Sections
- Next by Subject: RE: AUTOCAD: Multiline Text -> Multiple Columns
- Previous by thread: RE: Drafter moving to Buffalo NY
- Next by thread: RE: AUTOCAD: Multiline Text -> Multiple Columns