From: Polhemus, Bill [mailto:bill.polhemus(--nospam--at)tyson.com]
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 10:18 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: AUTOCAD: Multiline Text -> Multiple Columns

I've been bugged about this for some time now, and it surprises me that Autodesk has STILL not seen fit to include this capability.

When I'm adding the (evil!) General Notes to a drawing sheet, I spend an inordinate amount of time formatting columns of text--especially when I'm adding or deleting sections, etc.

I've have often wondered why in the world Autocad doesn't include the capability to "bleed" text from one column to the next during editing. This is a feature exclusively found in desktop publishing programs years ago; however, Microsoft Word and other WP software have had it for some time now.

Text editing inside of Autocad does seem to have gotten SOMEWHAT better (it is still rather bewildering and a bit austere, however, even in the new 2006 version). I can't believe this has NEVER been an issue.

If you're an aficionado of ACAD, and you know something I don’t know on this subject, now's your chance to put egg on my face. Can this be done? Or is there an "add-on" utility that allows it?

Thanks.