RE: AUTOCAD: Multiline Text -> Multiple Columns

Title: AUTOCAD: Multiline Text -> Multiple Columns

From: Polhemus, Bill [mailto:bill.polhemus(--nospam--at)tyson.com]
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 11:40 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: AUTOCAD: Multiline Text -> Multiple Columns

From: Yi Yang [mailto:YI(--nospam--at)summit-sr.com]
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 11:37 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Set up a few viewports on your note sheet border layout, and have one long column of notes in model space, and break them up in your viewports in paperspace.  When you add or delete lines of text in modelspace, the text in the viewports in paperspace will sort of "flow" with the "columns", which are just viewports with the width of your desired text columns and the length of whatever you choose.  I hope this helps.

Hey, that's a clever workaround! Shoulda thought of it!

I don't have access to my ACAD 2006 installation here at "work," but I'll try that later on.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Well, of course I soon saw what everyone else probably saw immediately: It doesn't matter what version of Autocad you use for this trick so long as it is 12 or higher (including LT).

You just need to capability of showing Paper space.

I tried this out and it worked BEAUTIFULLY. Glad I thought of it :-)