From: Rick Stone [mailto:rstone(--nospam--at)madisonconcrete.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 4:44 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Lt wt. conc topping for exterior decks

Gerard---at that thickness, it will be a goodbet to crack, especially
right
where you do not want it to.

I am on the side of the issue that believes fibers deliver very little
of
what they are promised to.

Why not cover the decks with fiberglass? That is what a lot of builders
do
in this market, especially in coastal environs, it is pretty simple to
lay
out fiber sheets and the impreg and it can even be treated with
"attractive
non-slip" surfaces so it is comfortable for foot traffic.........

Richard W. Stone, P.E.
Project Executive
Technical Services/Project Management/Estimating
Concept Design/Engineering/Quality Assurance

Madison Concrete Construction Company
130 Quaker lane
Malvern, PA 19355-2479
email: rstone(--nospam--at)madisonconcrete.com
Voice:       610.695.8800
Facsimile: 610.695.8678

Nextel:      610.496.5764

Visit our webpage at  www.madisonconcrete.com  !!!!