Re: Lt wt. conc topping for exterior decks

In a message dated 6/14/2005 8:00:01 AM Eastern Standard Time, gmadden(--nospam--at)maddengine.com writes:
"2" LT WT. CONCRETE TOPPING SLAB (NO COARSE AGG.) w/ W6x6 WWF o/ 3/4"
I guess I would second Rick's comment and say that a 2 in. thickness is likely to crack extremely badly,  unless there is a superhuman effort made to ensure proper curing.  (I.e. checking the burlap every hour to make sure it is still moist.).

But I also think your specification is in trouble because it is not clear what you mean.  Typically (at least what I have seen on the east coast), light weight concrete is light weight coarse aggregate (something like expanded shale),  along with sand.

Is it common practice in California to also use light weight fine aggregate?

The WWF call-out is also missing some pieces, although maybe everybody but me knows what you mean ...

Gail Kelley