non-Prestressed concrete design using strands[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: non-Prestressed concrete design using strands
- From: "Wontae Kim" <kimwontae(--nospam--at)email.com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:01:03 -0500
Q1) How can I design load-bearing (precast) spandrel using non-prestressed strands?
(Replace regular rebars with strands.
These strands need to be pulled using 4 to 5 kips to take loads from assembly. )
Q2) How can I decide the minimum length of prestressed spandrel?
As long as it is greater than transfer length, can I expect pullout force of strands to be working?
- Prev by Subject: Newsletter of IAstructE, Gujarat State Centre - March-vol-02
- Next by Subject: Notes
- Previous by thread: RE: Lt wt. conc topping for exterior decks
- Next by thread: Residential stoops bolted to foundation walls